Thursday, May 27, 2010

GCD STUDIOS MAY THEME PROJECT

Do you like color?  Do you want to taste the rainbow? Specifically the color pink?  Our theme project this month was to be inspired by color blending by using paints, paper, etc.   Using bright happy colors!  JUST my style!  This is my take on it.  I embraced my pink power...with this fine little lady!  I showed my graduation of color by taking three different papers from the Homespun Chic line that all had slightly different variations of the color pink. I than cut them into strips and folded them into a rosette.  I also decided to break out the glitter and defined the flower with an antique parchment color. Of course there was inking involved as well.  So that is my color creation!  I think she turned out pretty sassy!  I used a combination of Homespun chic and Artsy Urban...and of course they blend seamlessly.  I added some tea-stained ribbon and a vintage wooden spool with of course PINK thread to  the top.   She is ready to hang somewhere happily!  Xoxo, Cherry

4 comments:

The Style Sisters said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors...so fun!You are so creative!

Kateyed said...

I LOVE your colors. That was delightful...and I love the saying, too!
xo
Suz

Rita Barakat said...

She IS sassy! This is so cute!

claudie said...

Hello from Canada
I've RSS's your feed for a few days now. I ADORE your cards. It must take you hours to make this cuttie pies.
Of course I'm all about PINK, so this post made me come and say hi.
The saying is "right on".
Just wanted to come and say hello. I'm a bloggy break for a while.
Love Claudie
oxoxo