Tuesday, March 13, 2012

sewing nostagia










It seems Winter had reared its head again!  I have been feeling a bit of the frumpy dumpies around here and needed some pick me up.  I turned back to my beloved sewing themes using some GCD Studios goodies.  Love the homespun chic line and will never tire of it.  Even though I did not grow up in the 50s I feel a kinship with it and the sewing is comfort to me.  I know I have said before my Mom is a sewer and it speaks of nostalgia to me.  I made another paper pocket and stuffed it with fun tags.  I tend to overstuff because I keep coming up with more ideas.   Hey if making tags keeps the frumpies from taking over I will make them till the cows come home!  Anyways hope you don't tire of them!  These pockets have become what doilies are to me and I simply refuse to stop.  I am off to make some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies....I NEED sugar!  hugs, cherry

18 comments:

Nancy Guse said...

Love your paper pocket with all those tags!!! SEW dreamy!

vivian said...

I dont think any of us could get tired of seeing your creation! hope those frumpy dumpys disappear soon!
xo
vivian

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeee the vintage feel and the lace around the thread holder!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

These are ALL so beautiful... I LOOOOVE making tags, I totally hear ya!! I am with you, I am soooooo over winter!!!

Beth said...

I absolutely love the tags! I love to sew and craft, so these are just so awesome! I was wondering if you could tell where those stamps can be purchased? My favorite is the sewing machine oil tag. Thank you!

Ros said...

Just love this pocket of vintage goodness ... beautiful Cherry

Patty O'Malley said...

Sounds like my kind of day--winter, cookies and crafting! lol I love your pockets, too, and all the beautiful things you add to them. Keep creating!

Patty O'Malley said...

Sounds like my kind of day--winter, cookies and crafting! lol I love your pockets, too, and all the beautiful things you add to them. Keep creating!

Linda Breedlove said...

Love all the sewing elements you've used here. I especially am smitten with the way you decorated that button card... just fabulous.
Hey Cherry, you can send some of those cookies this way!!!
Hugs!

Seungwon said...

I'm so in love with this! And the color! I feel like running to my desk right now and create something with pink!

jacirascrap said...

Meu deus...esse é o bolso mais lindo que já vi!!! Amo demais seu estilo!!!

Karen T said...

Wow - I'd not stopped by for a visit for a few days- and you've been busy Cherry!! :) So inspired by what you come up with. I really love the burlap- just more texture!! I have some burlap trim I've been hording that I need to break out.

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so sweet! Love the whole nostalgic feel to this!

NJGardenGirl said...

I think I've died and gone to heaven...

Heather Rogers said...

These are all amazing Cherry. You did an amazing job with Nina's stamps.

It has been in the 80's here the last 3 days in Iowa. I am sure we will pay for this later. We normally still have snow on the ground in March. :)

Hugs~

Unknown said...

lovely pink tags, love those the best...the saying...creative people are seldom tidy is PERFECT.

Ruth S said...

So sweet - I love anything sewing themed and your oh-so-pretty shabby pockets are perfect ;)
Hope you're feeling better, and those cookies did the trick! Rx

busymartha said...

These are all so beautiful Cherry! Love Sewing crafts and the pink, it's over the top! Marilyn