Thursday, May 3, 2012

Craft worthy...









Hi there and happy Thursday!  I am so excited to be posting here at RRR for the first time!  I decided to create a sweet sewing pocket using several of my favorite Really Reasonable Ribbons.  I started with a manilla folder.  I cut it down to the size I wanted..approximately 5 x7.  I covered it in some fun papers and added a little stamping detail at the top.  I added some yummy allison crochet lace to the bottom.  Next I added a few toppings like a doily, chipboard painted dress form, chipboard letters spelling sew, buttons, and a Prima flower.   To the dress form I added some beading for a necklace and some sweet Beatrice white crochet lace to the bottom of  the skirt.  I topped the pocket off with some gorgeous silky crush rose ribbon by May Arts.  This ribbon is beautiful and makes the best bows.   I also nestled a little wooden spool wrapped with more Beatrice crochet lace to the inside of my bow for fun, along with a stick pin.   It was than time to make tags....I collected things with a craft and sewing theme and just had fun layering with my embellishments and papers.  I carried more of the crochet lace onto my tags using the Penelope lace in natural on several tags.  I topped all of them off with some seambinding in pink that I grunged up.  I used some Tim Holtz ink to shabby it up a bit and hand crickled it.  After that I just nestled all my goodies in the pocket.  This would make a great gift for a sewing lover or a great idea for Mother's day.   Hope you enjoyed!  Thanks for letting me share.  hugs, cherry

9 comments:

Shellye McDaniel said...

oh.my.goodness...just as gorgeous as ever! love your shabby-chic ways, Cherry :)

CorinneD. said...

So beautiful....

Ros said...

I am drooling here ... that tiny ball of wool!! Oh my everything is just perfect!

cnelson said...

Holy Moley...FABULOUSNESS!! That little ball of yarn...GENIUS!

Patty O'Malley said...

Another beautiful pocket! Love that ribbon you're using.

Patty O'Malley said...

Another beautiful pocket! Love that ribbon you're using.

kolleen said...

So beautiful. The corset image I have seen you use a few times, do you remember who makes it? Is it a stamp that you cut out or a chipboard piece? Thanks so much for sharing.

master bedroom said...

Hey thanks
Cherry's Jubilee
It is really nice! Good piece of data that you've received on this web site article
Good job people! Thanks

Audrey Pettit said...

You always put together the MOST fabulous compilation of goodies on your projects. Just LOVE to look at all the details!