Friday, December 9, 2016

Altered block

Hey paper peeps, Cherry here to share today!!   Are you ready for more blog hop fun?    I know I am!  Happy to share what I created for this special occasion.  I started out with a solid wood block that I gave a good coat of paint too.  I than covered each side with papers from the Classic Christmas line.     I layered snowflakes, Santa images, little trees, and gorgeous mini poinsettias to each side as well for interest. 



From here I added, painted, and distressed, round legs to the bottom of the block.


 I sanded and distressed each edge where the corners met up to give it a aged worn appearance.  I also used antiquing gel glaze to age images. 







Love the imperfection and the bit of paint peeking through.



Some sides also got some berry pine picks to add to the theme.


 I added a snowflake to the top and layered a nice heavy drawer knob to top for whimsy












 Here it is all done!!!  I love how it turned out...hope you do too!  Cherry

                                                                 

 

No comments: